How to raise a terminating event of a specific work item in a parallell workflow

viveka.schwartz@implema.se viveka.schwartz at implema.se
Tue Mar 16 09:37:30 EST 2004

Hello Workflowers,

I have defined a main workflow in system 1 with a parallell subworkflow in
it.   In the subflow definition I have defined a step based on a dialog
standardtask containing a Terminating event: obj.type ZTEST,  Event
APPROVED,  Element ZTEST.

When the workflow is triggered, (let's say) three parallell subflows are
started.  The dialog step in each subflow receives a unique work item ID.

>From a customer specific program in system 2 I would like to raise the
event ZTEST/APPROVED in system 1 for the dialog workitem in subflow 1 -
only.   Ie the other dialog workitems in subflow 2 and 3 should not be
affected by the event raised.

The specific workitemID in system 1 I would like to raise the event for is
known to the event caller; ie the customer specific program in system 2.

As far as I can see there is no possibility to define which specific
workitemID I would like to raise the event for in case the objectkey
itself does not consist of the work item ID. (The key of the ZTEST object
type is just a document number.)

Or is there a way to define the work item ID in the event call so that
only a specific workitem is affected ?

Best regards
Viveka