Update or create a new Workflow?

Soady, Phil phil.soady at sap.com
Mon Mar 15 04:18:40 EST 2004

Slam it in the main one.
But the now is your chance to do something good.
If you havent already, take the business requirement docu/
functional spec docu and or tech specs and include them in the long of =
the workflow.
Not only one stop shopping for the maintaine,  its documented as well =
:-)
Imagine knowing which workflows does what :-/

Subworkflows can still be used for concepts that reoccur.

Old fashioned software design principals still apply to your workflows.
 OO software design prinicpals are limited since the workflow itself =
cant behave
like an object in classic OO speak.

Workflows cant be built as subtypes with redefined paths or redefined =
activities.
A shell workflows can however have task determination based on =
variable...
So already I like the single shell workflow concept more than mutiple =
copies.=20
Back to the procedural programming paradigm...
You must do the best possible inside the workflow.
This is a CASE/Switch on an attribute in the lead object.
If you like the OO world. Task determination based on a variable is you =
best chance.

Otherwise copying workflows is like copying programs.
More damm code to maintain...

Phil Soady
Senior Consultant
Business Technologies