Purch Req workflow triggering issue

Trant, David David.Trant at andrew.com
Fri Mar 5 12:20:23 EST 2004

One more note in case it isn't already clear to you.  I'm working on a PO w=
orkflow, and conceptually going into it I expected there to be one "big" wo=
rkflow definition that drove the approval process from start to finish (thi=
nk of looping through the approvals).  Instead, a new workflow instance is =
created with each release, so the process is:

PO/Purch Req application saves the document, recognizes need for first rele=
ase, and posts event
Workflow instance is started to drive first release and once agent performs=
 the release, this workflow instance ends
Application steps in again after first release is complete and sees that se=
cond release is required, posting event again for second release
Second workflow instance (same definition, in your case WS2000077) is start=
ed
Process continues for each release level required

Hope this helps,
David