Workflow at the Spring ASUG Conference

Susan R. Keohan skeohan at mit.edu
Fri Mar 5 08:36:05 EST 2004

Hello Workflow-ers,

It is time for my annual reminder that the Spring ASUG Conference in Atlanta (April 18 - 21) is THE
place to be for customer-oriented sessions on Workflow/Webflow.

Some of the sessions you will be able to attend are:

Ad Hoc Workflow: Functionality and integration points in the Netweaver Platform-
Ad Hoc Workflow enables end-users to create, track, and manage their own workflows. A wizard
interface walks users through all the necessary steps and removes any need for users to know or even
be aware of workflow concepts. In this session we will cover the functionality, interface and usage
of the Ad Hoc Workflow as well as its integration with other Netweaver components including Business
Workflow, Collaboration, and the Universal Worklist.

Workflow and Business Server Pages (BSP)-
On the SAP WAS Web Application Server, the BSP (Business Server Pages) provide a good way for an
ABAP programmer to create a Web based application. This presentation will give an overview of the
project steps to create a BSP application. The project will be the "well-known" vacation-request
workflow example. Furthermore the presentation will show how to start a workflow from a BSP
application and how to start a BSP application by executing a workitem.

Security Management using Workflow-
Presentation will include a discussion of workflow as tool for automating the request, approval, and
assignment processes of a security request. - A web application displays security roles (AG and HR
tasks), the HR relationship (if applicable), the corresponding approver/approval process, and the
role description. - When a role is requested, a workflow object is created for the approval of the
security role request. - When a role is approved, workflow executes a function to assign the HR
relationship (if applicable) which in turn calls another function to assign the security role to the
position.

Workflow and the HR Organizational Structure-
> From the Workflow point of view, this presentation will focus on the organizational structure. One
of the most important topics in a Workflow project is the tool you use to maintain the participating
users. This presentation will provide an overview on to use the SAP HR organizational structure in a
Workflow project. This presentation will cover the following topics: - Maintaining an SAP
organizational structure - Accessing an SAP organizational structure from Workflow - Overview about
the procedures on transporting an SAP organizational structure

In addition to the educational sessions, there is the unparalleled opportunity to meet and network
with other Workflow/Webflow developers.  Early Bird registration ends on March 19; after that, the
registration fee is increased by $200.  For further information, please go to www.asug.com.

Best regards,
Sue

--