SWEHR3 - T779X - Custom or standard events

tom.olaf tom.olaf at spring.no
Thu Mar 4 05:05:33 EST 2004

Hi.

I will be developing custom function modules for triggering various HR events
in training and other HR scenarios in 4.7. I've checked wugarchive and found
quite a few interesting threads concerning this issue. Seems to be quite a few
people with insight on this matter (Joeren and others). I have two specific
questions:

1. For training and event management, an event will be triggered if an
employee tries to book and does not have authorization for booking. If I
create an entry in T779X for the specific logical function (f.ex BOKP or BOKF)
and trigger the standard event pdrela_025->requested, will two events be
triggered? Is it better to define a custom event by extending the standard
object type?

2. This question might be to general, but here goes. There has been a
discussion about missing commit for calls of function SWE_EVENT_CREATE in some
HR scenarios. Is there any general "rule" to have an explicit commit or not
when using custom defined functions in T779X? I'm just concerned that a commit
might disturb the standard application update, but if this is really an issue
depends on when the function is called.

Thanks
Tom