[46C] [off-topic?] Work centre as workflow administrator does not work

Kjetil Kilhavn kjetilk at statoil.com
Mon Mar 1 08:46:38 EST 2004

Apparently this problem is not really a workflow problem, it appears to=
 be
a problem in evaluation paths. But it causes problems *for* workflow, s=
o I
am not entirely off-topic.

In the workflow customizing we have defined a work centre (object type =
A)
as the workflow administrator. The work group is set up with three user=
having the "holder" relationship (A -> A008 -> US). The priority field =
has
value 1 for two of the members and value 2 for the third member.

The work centre is defined as administrator in the screen =ABWorkflow
Builder: Maintain Administration Data=BB (transaction SWDC).
All error messages still go to the previously assigned user ID. I have
looked for hours for a different setting that seems applicable, either =
global setting or a setting in the workflow builder for one particular
workflow. No luck. The previous assignment must still exist somewhere,
otherwise I can't understand how any messages at all would be arriving.=

OSS Note 618232 has been applied long ago (now we also have the service=

pack which includes this), so WF_ORGUS contains the A -> A008 -> US ent=
ry
(twice). Both entries include all relationships irrespective of priorit=
y.
When using transaction PSO4 to evaluate WF_ORGUS for the work centre th=
users' names are displayed, but no user IDs. I tested this with another=

work centre where people are assigned via positions, and the result the=
re
is the same - the user IDs are empty (all zeros). In fact the result is=
 the
same when I use another evaluation path (A008).

Since the user ID is alphanumeric and up to 12 charachters this could b=
the reason for the missing ID - even if I have a user ID which is numer=
ic
which would fit..

Does anyone have a tip on where I should start looking?

This is the output from PSO4 - it is readable if you specify monospaced=

display
 PV    Object     Status  Abbreviation    Available     Last action
 01   A  51111529    1    WF-ADMIN            ?
 01   US 00000000    1    Kilhavn             ?
 01   US 00000000    1    Topnes              ?
 01   US 00000000    1    Vik                 ?
--
Kjetil Kilhavn

intended for the addressee only. Any unauthorised use, dissemination of=
 the
information or copying of this message is prohibited. If you are not th=
addressee, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and de=
lete
this message.
Thank you.=