W4 Change in ESS by employee using Portals SWEHR2 / SWEHR3

Rick Sample Rick.Sample at gbe.com
Mon Jun 28 16:48:28 EDT 2004

I believe the SWEHR3 is the customer entries and SWEHR2 are the SAP entries.
I probably should have used SWEHR3 verses SWEHR2. I "think" the only issue
I will have is if the SWEHR2 table gets updated I may have to update it again.
I got this information from one of our HR folks. We are still in learning mode.

Q2:
The "unlock" step in 010000015. I based my W-4 WF on this template
to route the WF to a person for manual review  (approve or reject).
In our case,  an HR Service Center user audits the requested changes.
If acceptable, the HRSC user applies the change and then this unlocks (delimits)
the record.

Some of our ESS WFs (like Name Change) we allow the user to change
without any HR audit / review. But for the W-4, we wanted the ability to
approve / reject the changes.

Hope this helps...

If anyone has opinions on the SWEHR3 / SWEHR2 question please enlighten me.

Rick

>>> "M Doe" <monica_sap at hotmail.com> 6/28/2004 13:34:04 >>>
Thanks Rick and Jeroen for your responses.

Rick- I made the changes in trans SWEHR2 and I see the event being raised.
When would you use trans SWEHR3 which specifies that it is a customer
operation?

Also I have been using WF01000080 instead of WF01000015 as a guide.  I see
that one of the difference is that the WS01000015 has some sort of "unlock"
step.  They are using different object types although both are for employee
address.  What in your expert opinion are the other differences between
these workflows.

Regards,
Monica