Attribute value not found

Mark Huffman mhuffman at universalwebflow.com
Mon Jun 28 13:33:39 EDT 2004

Hi Dave,

I assume you are using a standard Send Mail step from the Builder?

I have found these to be finicky and also not particularly
maintenance friendly. Since so much can go wrong with workflow anyway,
I try to prepackage a lot of things in predecessor background steps and rely
on the workflow log to help trouble-shoot runtime issues.

This is what I would do:
Pass in all your attributes and format your email Header and Subject in a
separate method and pass them as export parameters. The Subject will be
multiline. Use this method in a preparatory background step before calling
the Send Mail.

Then you only need to insert a single attribute in each the relevant
sections (Header and Sxubject) of the Send Mail step.
This may take you some time to get used to, but I think you'll find it a
useful page in your 'cook book' .

In my opinion, it improves maintenance as well, since changes should be at
worst a Bus Object change (note the export params of the method always
remain the same) and you could even make it an ABAP change if you call a
Function module to do the formatting (recommended).

This technique works well for Task Description texts too.

best regards
Mark Huffman
Universal Webflow, Inc
Automation for your Integration