Email subject limited to 50 characters

Soady, Phil phil.soady at sap.com
Tue Jun 22 05:58:52 EDT 2004

It is limited by dataelement so_obj_des

See SOST on the way out the door...

Phil Soady
Senior Consultant
Business Technologies
SAP Australia
M  +61 (0) 412 213 079
E  phil.soady at sap.com

-----Original Message-----
From: SAP Workflow [mailto:Owner-SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU] On Behalf Of Michael Pokraka
Sent: Tuesday,22 June 2004 12:15 AM
To: SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU
Subject: Email subject limited to 50 characters

Hi all,
This is an old one to which I still have no answer. When sending internet
emails the subject is truncated at 50 chars.
I've set the linewidth parameter to 132, however that only appears to apply
to the body.
So far I've been unsuccessful on OSS and in the archives (found the same
question a few times but no answer), I'd be grateful if someone out there
could share some info.
Oh, and we're on 6.20, talking to Lotus Notes - though I don't think it's
Notes as it's already truncated before RSCONN01 picks it up.

Cheers
Mike