Workflow Inbox Count

Michael Pokraka workflow at quirky.me.uk
Mon Jun 21 06:24:27 EDT 2004

Hi Monique,
The short answer: No.
The slightly longer version: This isn't as simple as it sounds since agen=
assignments are fluid, nothing really goes "to someone's inbox". Instead,
someone's inbox provides a view of workitems which one could possibly
execute.
I'm afraid you're stuck with writing your own, but there are still a numb=
er
of issues.
What about forwarded items? Do they count for both people? A user gets a
workitem, but someone else executes it - does that count? Yes, it did
'arrive in her inbox', but... Oh, and what about substitution? Someone co=
uld
substitute for someone in a different work centre and then it really gets
messy. Agents are evaluated at runtime, and the work centre can subsequen=
tly
change too...
I think you can see why there is no 'standard report' in SAP for this.
An idea might be a custom report on the underlying data instead.

Cheers
Mike