SapSacript as attachment

Van der Burg, Jeroen JA SITI-ITABEE jeroen.vanderburg at shell.com
Mon Jun 21 06:00:43 EDT 2004

Hi Angelo,

We use Smartforms to create email attachments, doing the same with =
sapscript can be done (although I would clearly advise smartforms and =
advise you to buy the smartforms book which is available from SAP).=20

It does require you to program your own email solution, as otherwise the =
forms will be converted into 'empty' mails with an attachment - and I =
assume that you would like to have text in your emails.

You do not have to use SOFM, although you can (by using SOFM.Attach, =
which is not very clearly documented, so if you need background let me =
know).=20

I would advise you to use the FM SO_NEW_DOCUMENT_ATT_SEND_API1 which is =
the easiest solution. Note that if you want to overwrite the sender =
(which is normal as you probably do not want to use wf-batch as the =
sender) you need to copy this function group/module to your own group so =
you can provide your own sender information into FM =
SO_DOCUMENT_SEND_API1.

Hope this helps,

Jeroen