moving workitems from one box to another

skidmore.s@pg.com skidmore.s at pg.com
Fri Jun 18 13:47:22 EDT 2004

All,

We are currently running on SAP 4.5B and plan to move a lot of our work from one
SAP system to another (same SAP version, just a new system).  A question came up
around all the current workitems that are in process (which there are a lot of
them).  Is there an 'easy' way to lift the workitems from one box and put them
on another (provided the boxes have the same version of all the workflow
objects)?

If there is no easy way, what is the hard way?  We could cancel all the work
items on the old box and kick off new items in the new system, but could we get
them back to the same point in the process in the new box?

Any other ideas?

Thanks,
Sheldon Skidmore