Forwarding work items stuck in a user's inbox without authorization

Bradshaw-Long, Kathleen Kathleen.Bradshaw-Long at getronics.com
Fri Jun 11 12:17:32 EDT 2004

Hello workflow users,

We are implementing purchase requisitions in the ESS portal and are
using the portal inbox (BWSP) to process workflow items. We are on SAP
release 4.6C and  Enterprise Portal 5.0.=20
=20
We have a very volatile delegation of authority process, so we have
decided to make our approver assignment  adhoc, where  workflow items
can be routed to anyone for review.  However, we are only giving our
finance approvers the authorization to release purchase requisitions.
Because our workflows allow anyone to receive and review a requisition,
we have created some final steps in the workflow once it is ready for
finance approval.
These steps are only intended for finance approvers to select.
The user first must select the decision step called "For Finance
Approval only"
The user then must select the decision step called "Confirm ready for
finance approval". =20
Once they do this, the workflow calls the release requisition
transaction.
So if a user (who is not from finance) mistakenly executes these steps,
the workitem is stuck in a STARTED (in process) state for finance
approval,
Because as soon as the user executes the workitem, they get the message
"you are not authorized for transaction ME54".

When we execute transaction SWIA, we can see the purchase requisition in
a started/in process state, but we can't forward it out of the user's
inbox.
When we click on the display of the work item, and go into the log, we
can not execute forward.
Does anyone know how we can get this work item out of an unauthorized
user's inbox?

        Kathleen Bradshaw-Long
        IPS

        Kathleen.Bradshaw-Long at getronics.com