Send Notification Step

Kjetil Kilhavn kjetilk at statoil.com
Sun Jul 25 06:37:03 EDT 2004

I don't know if it would work, but if you make your own sendmail step which
runs in the foreground (user context) I expect you would get what you want.
Michael Pokakra had a valid point in his response though, that the user who
sends the e-mail may not even be aware of it and understand little when
receiving a reply.
--
Kjetil Kilhavn

|--------+------------------------------------->
|        |          "Smith, Cassaundra"        |
|        |          <Cassaundra.Smith at anheuser-|
|        |          busch.com>                 |
|        |          Sent by: SAP Workflow      |
|        |          <Owner-SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.E|
|        |          DU>                        |
|        |                                     |
|        |                                     |
|        |          28.06.2004 23:29           |
|        |          Please respond to "SAP     |
|        |          Workflow Users' Group"     |
|        |                                     |
|--------+------------------------------------->
  >-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                           |
  |       To:     SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU                                                                      |
  |       cc:     (bcc: Kjetil Kilhavn)                                                                       |
  |       Subject:     Send Notification Step                                                                 |
  >-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

We are on 4.6C version of SAP.

Is there anyway to pass who a notification is from when the email is sent
Outlook in workflow.  All of our emails that are sent via workflow show
that
wf-batch sent the email.  One of my customers would like to see the email
coming
from a user who processed a previous dialog workitem before the email is
sent.

Has anyone successfully done something like this??

Casey

this message.
Thank you.