Synchronization issues when canceling workflows

Michael Pokraka workflow at quirky.me.uk
Fri Jul 23 09:48:53 EDT 2004

Greetings all,
On a 4.7/620 system we have events that cancel the workflow. The problem =
is
that if the events are triggered via a task in the workflow (e.g. changin=
g a
requisition release level) the task itself remains in the user's inbox
(status STARTED) even though the top level workflow is cancelled.

The error monitoring job usually comes along within 20 minutes and cleans=
 up
the task, but that doesn't always happen and is not really a solution.
It appears that although transaction is complete, the event is raised, th=
task somehow remains locked and stays in a status STARTED even though the=
 WF
is cancelled.

I suspect this is an OSS issue, but thought I'd check if anyone has seen
this...
Cheers
Mike