HR Workflow and help

Rick Sample Rick.Sample at gbe.com
Wed Jul 21 18:52:52 EDT 2004

We have this setup. Separate systems.
HR on one system and the Business side of the house on the other.
We went Big Bang with HR and rolling out R/3 side to districts about
once every two months.

No reason why they can't be setup on same. I believe our decision was
based mostly on Security (Insecurity) about having personnel data on
same business system.

We have SAP Portals for casual users and single sign on. Can setup
to look at HR and R/3. Transparent to the user and do not have to
allow user a login to the actual HR client. More complicated WFs
do require us to execute via SAP GUI though because of limited
functionality in UWL.

We have HR WFs on the HR system and the business on the other.
We have implemented ESS and moving toward MSS. We are really
pushing the ESS / MSS. Moves more responsibility on the employee and
managers verses the HR Service Center.
We have ESS (W-4, W-2 Reprint, Name Change, Change of Address, etc.)
Custom WFs like Change in Pay, Change in Position, Hire, Term, etc.

Lots of challenges either way so really depends on your requirements.
Sorry, kinda vague answer for kinda vague question.
Have fun...

Rick Sample
WF Developer
Graybar, Inc.

>>> steve_basis at yahoo.com 7/21/2004 17:10:39 >>>
We are trying to gather information for HR
implementation for 4 modules ESS, MSS Comp and
Recruitment. I know workflow plays a big role in HR
connected to R3 or internally in HR componenets.

We may plan for separate HR systems, in this case what
are the workflow requirements needs to be considered
for implementation point of view. We may need to get a
consultant for this, but I am not sure where to start
by describing the role.

Please help.

Thank you in advance.

=====