HR Workflow and help

Mark Huffman mhuffman at universalwebflow.com
Wed Jul 21 18:40:41 EDT 2004

As they say ... you are opening the door to a big room

Not sure where to start - but here goes

Clearly you should have some list of desired business processes for your go
live
and others that will be implemented "later"

For each process on the go-live list the first question I would ask is
whether workflow is driving the entire process or whether workflow is just
providing a "helper" function within the process.

Say creating a new Position is a big deal. Lots of people have to at least
know about it,
compensation committees have to review the salary and benefits, supervisors
have to approve it and at the end the big dog might nix it or put it on
hold.

So .. that might be a good candidate for workflow driving the entire process
and you'll
use various HR config, workflow and possibly web/ABAP features to achieve
that. Ideally all
of those can be ballpark estimated as separate development efforts

best regards

Mark