Dynamically change deadline of a workitem

de Valensart Schoenmaeckers, Patrick Patrick.DeValensartSchoenmaeckers at pmintl.com
Wed Jul 21 11:51:29 EDT 2004

Hi Mike.

I like your idea of combining required start and required end (or latest
end? By the way, I never understood the difference between the two. Anyone
knows?). Thanks for the tip!
The difference with our requirement is that here the user would not need to
explicitly say that he wants to keep the workitem for 15 more day, just
executing the workitem and the canceling would be enough. However, this is
at least worth being presented to our process owners.

Regards,
Patrick

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Pokraka [mailto:workflow at quirky.me.uk]
Sent: Tuesday, July 20, 2004 7:01 PM
To: SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU
Subject: Re: Dynamically change deadline of a workitem

Hi Patrick,
Can you not play around to make the requirements suit the workflow? e.g. use
a 'required start' instead of a 'requested end' deadline for the original
one week deadline. Thus if someone executes it, the deadline no longer gets
triggered. Then have a second requested end deadline within 3 weeks, or even
a third - latest end.
Alternatively, the loop option isn't so bad, with 'step not in workflow log'
you can still keep your log less confusing on 620.
Cheers
Mike