BOR and Perfmance

Alon Raskin araskin at 3i-consulting.com
Mon Jul 19 15:09:00 EDT 2004

Hi Mark,

I am all for the use of swc_refresh_object. I am a bit surprised about the
COMMIT WORK AND WAIT though because I was under the impression that it was a
cardinal sin to do a COMMIT WORK inside a method (since the Workflow
sub-system does one for you). I would be interested in hearing what people
have to say about that one.

What I was trying to find out in the previuos post is whether an instance
lives is reused in subsequent steps of a workflow or is it re-instantiated
every time? From what I gathered from Michael, as long as the advance with
dialog flag is checked then the instance is reused (which is good).  I hope
this holds true for tasks that are running under WF-BATCH in background?

Alon