BOR and Perfmance

Alon Raskin araskin at eOutlook.com
Mon Jul 19 05:54:50 EDT 2004

Hi Everyone,

I trust that everyone had a good weekend.
=20
One of the nice things about the BOR is the buffering approach that it =
provides. When you first access a Dictionary attribute, the whole record =
is retrieved and stored in a structure so any subsequent accesses to =
Dictionary attributes do not result in a call to the DB.=20
=20
My query is: Between two steps of a workflow, are all the BOR object =
instances re-instantiated? I got the feeling that they were but was =
unsure. If that is the case then doesnt that defeat the whole purpose of =
the buffering approach?
=20
I look forward to your thoughts/comments.
=20
Alon