Need FM to re-resolve role.

Rick Sample Rick.Sample at gbe.com
Fri Jul 2 09:29:09 EDT 2004

I found what I needed.

Issue:
I have a custom zTable to hold Org numbers of various Org units like HR Service Center
and a FM to lookup the entry for the specified task. We use this zConsts table for a lot
of custom issues we would rather not hard code or have to transport. A wee bit more flexible.
I made an incorrect entry in the table for the org unit I want to route. Oops!

Example, in dev our HRSC org number is 80000001 in QA it is 80000121 and prod 800000454.
(Not the real numbers but you get the point. Different number ranges in every client bytes!)
It was a real PIA to transport the QA number up to test, then transport the Prod number to prod after
testing, then change back to Dev to continue work, etc. etc. OR have case statements in all code to
handle every system/client for every role / task. Another PIA.

After changing the number to the correct value, I used FM SWW_WI_AGENTS_CHANGE
to re-resolve the role on the task. Run it, pass in the task without agent (or incorrect agent), execute.

Yes, I could have just taken over as admin, forwarded to each WI to each user (10 in the HRSC org)
or use another one of our utilities to dynamically call a FM and import a list of Task Ids and let the program
do the work! With 450 WI incorrectly routed it was a no brainier to use my program verses manually
forwarding.

4.6c

Rick Sample
Workflow Developer
Graybar, Inc.

>>> workflow at quirky.me.uk 7/1/2004 11:46:41 >>>
Hmmm, methinks that explains the trumpets and fanfare for this 'wonderful
new feature' in Enterprise.... Seriously, it has been mentioned a few times,
I think here on the list too.
'fraid you're stuck with recreating the workflow. I recall doing that
aplenty on a 4.6 system, I think for the same reason. If it's in a loop you
could maybe manipulate the container and do a manual complete to make it go
round again.
Cheers
Mike