Private Attributes on a Business Object (BUS2121 specifically)

Griffiths, Mark mark.griffiths at sap.com
Thu Jan 29 11:44:41 EST 2004

Hello There!

I am building an EBP workflow and need to make some enhancements to the business object.

On my delegated subtype I need to access the Shopping cart item details.  Code is already written for this in the supertype object and the details are held in private attributes (not the normal attributes you can see in the tree structure, but ones created in the very top section of the object program in the "Create private attributes here" section).

My questions are:

- Is it possible to access these private attributes in my subtype? (will SWC_GET_PROPERTY work for example? And if so what is the correct syntax in this instance)
- What is the point in private attributes anyway? This shopping cart object is the first time i have really seen them used.

If anyone can shed some light on these matters I would very much appreciate it, otherwise my fall back solution (which works) is to recreate the private attributes and the code to populate them in my subtype (but this is not great for efficiency with both the Sub and Super types hitting the same tables).

Regards,

Mark