Work Item Texts : Logon Language

Bibby, David david.bibby at Linklaters.com
Tue Jan 27 05:51:23 EST 2004

The users are all logging in in the same language.
DEV and PRD are fine. QA has the problem.

The work item header in the WF inbox, displays the old version of the text.
When the 'Complete Work Item' dialog appears, the new version of the text is
displayed, but instead of the text for the variables, it displays the actual
variable names e.g. "Perform Check on &_WI_OBJECT_ID.DESCRIPTION&"

These WI header texts are stored in table HRS1206. The old version of the WI
header text is held for all other languages in HRS1206, but the latest
version of this text is stored in this table for the language we all use.
Not sure why the other languages have the old version of the text in
HRS1206.

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Pokraka [mailto:workflow at quirky.me.uk]
Sent: 26 January 2004 14:30
To: SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU
Subject: Re: Work Item Texts : Logon Language

Unfortunately I don't have any answer to the problem - it should display
the original text if it isn't ticked (the user is logging on with a
different language??). Otherwise maybe check OSS.
One point I can see for using this option is to get hold of the original
text when there's a dodgy translation (nooo, I've never seen those
either). Or if there are texts that are partly built from document data
where you'll only have one language. It may thus be easier to see
everything at least in the same language even if it's not your logon
language.

Cheers
Mike