"End by" Date on workitems

Carl M Harrison carl.m.harrison at us.ibm.com
Tue Jan 20 12:40:32 EST 2004

Does anyone know how the "End by" date and time are calculated/recalculated
once a workitem has been FORWARDED?

We are currently calculated the Latest End date on the workitem to be 5
working days out from workitem creation using Factory and Holiday
calendars.  Once the initial End by has been calculated 5 days out and a
user forwards the workitem to another user, there seems to be NO
consistency in what happens with the End by date.  Sometimes it looks like
it recalculates it to 5 more work days out and sometimes it just sets it to
the next day.  What is up with that?  I can understand that it should
recalculate the Latest End date once the deadline has been exceeded and the
workitem has been escalated....but I was always under the impression that
just forwarding the workitem would not change or reset the current "End by"
date.

Thanks,

Carl