Anyone using the new 610/620 terminating events?

Michael Pokraka workflow at quirky.me.uk
Mon Jan 5 09:40:03 EST 2004

Hi Jocelyn,
Thanks for the input, yes it does work well - too well in this case. I've
logged it with OSS, tried the block correction as well - never known that
to be of use and didn't do anything in this case.
In case anyone's interested I've got a bit more detail:

Seems that completing/cancelling a workflow will cancel instance linkages
with a receiver type 'EVENTITEM'. These header events however have their
own receiver types, such as WORKFLOW_RESTART_WORKFLOW. These do not get
removed from the instance linkage upon WF completion. This means a dead
workflow still receives the event and in the case of a restart event it
gets resurrected and reappears anew, and in true zombie fashion they keep
multiplying at each event.

Cheers
Mike