Unable to process idocs via BD87 into workflow?

Bakker, Paul Paul.Bakker at qr.com.au
Thu Jan 1 20:51:19 EST 2004

Howdy, and a happy new year..
=20
We're upgrading to 4.6C, and we have implemented a custom workflow to
process incoming ORDRSP (order response) idocs.=20
=20
The partner profile of these idocs specifies that they be handled by a
workflow (instead of the usual input=20
function module). The process code for these idocs is 'ZRSP'.
=20
My problem is this: If one of these idocs goes into error, it seems
that, *because it is linked to a workflow*, I am unable to=20
reprocess it using BD87. The error message is:
=20
-------------
No function module for input process code ZRSP
Message no. B1 033
=20
Diagnosis
The function module which performs application input for input process
code ZRSP could not be determined.
=20
Procedure
Maintain ALE input methods.
--------------
=20
Is BD87 really so inflexible as to assume that all idocs are handled by
function modules?=20
Should I be using a different transaction to re-process these idocs?
=20
Or does SAP assume that all idocs linked to workflows will never need
BD87 reprocessing?
=20
thanks for your help!
Paul Bakker