Triggering Workflows from SE16

Scheinoha John Scheinoha.John at basco.com
Wed Feb 25 11:44:29 EST 2004

David,

   You can assign an authorization group to an SAP table.  If you use
transaction SE11 for the SAP table, go to Utilities =3D> Table Maintenanc=
Generator.  Table authorizations can be maintained here.  These table
authorizations can then be added to the respective roles by you SAP
Authorization Group.  You might also want to look at SAP table TDDAT.=20
This is the table where these SAP table authorization records are kept.=20
Also when you are looking at the Table Maintenance generator via SE11,
if you do the F1 on the Authorization Group field and then select the
SAP help, you will be taken to the BC documentation regarding table
maintenance.

   We use the table authorizations to give / deny access to certain SAP
table data to certain groups.

I hope this helps,

John Scheinoha
Briggs & Stratton Corporation
(414) 256 - 5136
scheinoha.john at basco.com

>>> workflow at quirky.me.uk 02/25/04 09:23AM >>>
Hi David,
I'd have to agree with Heinz on the authorization part. This is
definitely
better than to hook into SE16. Consider the numerous other ways to view
table
contents.
If you're really serious about security you'd be better off considering
different approach such as encrypting the data. The en/decrypt routines
can
include auditing. I'm not familiar with SAP offerings in this area, but
worth
some research. Still doesn't stop some techie doing a database dump and
taking
it home to crack though... airtight is all but impossible.

Cheers
Mike

Bibby, David wrote:
> Heinz,
> It's something our BASIS team are looking into. However, they need
some
> people to have access for support purposes.
> I know it seems a little crazy to restrict access to the data to just
a few
> people and then keep logs on who access the data, but apparently it's
for
> legal reasons that we need to keep audit data.
> Rgds
> David

??TABU_DIS?? or so