AW: Triggering Workflows from SE16

Schmidinger, Heinz (Unaxis IT BZ) heinz.schmidinger at unaxis.com
Wed Feb 25 08:26:11 EST 2004

Hi Dvid,

can you use authorization to restrict access to table (AO ??TABU_DIS?? =
or so
if I rember right) ?

regards

Heinz

-----Urspr=FCngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Bibby, David [mailto:david.bibby at Linklaters.com]
Gesendet am: Mittwoch, 25. Februar 2004 13:08
An: SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU
Betreff: Re: Triggering Workflows from SE16

Michael
The requirement is to report on users and support staff accessing =
sensitive
information.
We have a custom transaction that people use to view and edit the =
sensitive
data. We can amend custom transaction to log when a user views data =
through
this transaction.
However, anyone who has access to SE16 can easily view this data, and =
as
SE16 is standard SAP we cannot put our own code in there to log what =
they
are doing.
The reason I asked about workflow, was that I thought if there was a =
way of
triggering a workflow when certain tables were viewed, I could write =
this
information to a log table.

Another option is to upload an audit log file of the SQL trace, but =
this
isn't user friendly. The people using this report are special SAP users
within the firm and not technical.

Regards
David