Triggering Workflows from SE16

Bibby, David david.bibby at Linklaters.com
Wed Feb 25 07:07:32 EST 2004

Michael
The requirement is to report on users and support staff accessing sensitive
information.
We have a custom transaction that people use to view and edit the sensitive
data. We can amend custom transaction to log when a user views data through
this transaction.
However, anyone who has access to SE16 can easily view this data, and as
SE16 is standard SAP we cannot put our own code in there to log what they
are doing.
The reason I asked about workflow, was that I thought if there was a way of
triggering a workflow when certain tables were viewed, I could write this
information to a log table.

Another option is to upload an audit log file of the SQL trace, but this
isn't user friendly. The people using this report are special SAP users
within the firm and not technical.

Regards
David