Automatic forwarding (for RSWUWFML) cannot be established whe n a user has email address maintained

Roehlen, Peter PRoehlen at powercor.com.au
Wed Feb 18 19:17:44 EST 2004

Hi Abby/Darrell,

Just a word of caution on setting up e-mail addresses in the SAP user ids to
include the SAP system details, e.g. UserID at PRD.SAP.COMPANY.COM.

We had done this I believe for the same reason that you and Darrell outline,
however it has caused a problem elsewhere.  When the user tries to send
e-mail outside of the company from SAP, some mail servers will validate the
domain from which the mail has been sent.  The AOL mail server for example
will reject an e-mail from UserID at PRD.SAP.COMPANY.COM but will accept one
from UserID at COMPANY.COM.

The above may not be an issue for you if you don't send mail from SAP to the
outside world.

Regards

Peter.