VALIDATION Business Object

Bibby, David david.bibby at Linklaters.com
Fri Feb 6 09:34:19 EST 2004

Hi All,
Has anyone ever used the VALIDATION business object to trigger workflows for
Project and WBSe validations ?
I have created a workflow using this BO . When the validation rule runs it
correctly triggers my workflow, which runs correclty and completes.

However our PS colsultant is saying that since he ticked the checkbox
'Trigger Workflow' in OPSI for the validation rule, it is causing errors in
the vlaidation and thinks workflows might be interferring with it.

I have looked in the workflow log and I can see other custom workflows
triggering at the same time, but off a different business object.
I fail to see how these can be causing the problem.

The errors being received by the consultant are :
No receiver system could be determined for project L-000855 Message no.
2054ALE 013 The project cannot be distributed using ALE.  Procedure  Check
the ALE Customizing.

and

Several WBS elements on level 1 not allowed  Message no. CJ 719  Diagnosis
Project profile PMUK001 specifies that project definition L-000855 can only
have one root, which means, that only one WBS element can be at level 1.
System Response  You cannot create any new WBS elements for this project
definition (with the function "Create individual element".)   You cannot
save the WBS if there are several WBS elements at level 1.

Has anyone any experience of this, are other workflows likely to be the
cause, or is it simply something else causing the problem ?

Many Thanks In Advance
David

This message is confidential. It may also be privileged or
otherwise protected by work product immunity or other legal
rules. If you have received it by mistake please let us know
by reply and then delete it from your system; you should not
copy the message or disclose its contents to anyone. All
messages sent to and from Linklaters may be monitored to
ensure compliance with internal policies and to protect  our
business.

Please refer to http://www.linklaters.com/regulation for
important information on the regulatory position of the firm.