PO Requisition Release strategy question.

Bradshaw-Long, Kathleen Kathleen.Bradshaw-Long at getronics.com
Thu Feb 5 09:59:05 EST 2004

Hello John,

There is only one method to choose---either overall or line item.=20

This setting is made in the IMG under the Purchase Requisition > Define
Document types.
If you wanted to use both strategies, the line item release (which gives
management the advantage of the line item veto) and the overall release
(approve all or approve none), then you would have to use separate
document types for each release method.

If you have concerns that requisitioners would use the line item release
document type to split line items, then you could consider using some
other kind of control, such as: restricting the allowed item categories
with the document type, or assigning a more stringent release strategy
to the line item release.

You could also look at using the overall release for everything, but
then allowing the managers (or whoever has the authority) to change the
line items (delete the unwanted ones) after overall release.=20

Kathleen