MIRO shortdump after enter PO number.

Panisa Thongruay tpanisa_ning at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 3 09:44:43 EST 2004

Panisa Thongruay <pthongruay at csc.com> wrote:

Hi All,

We facing issue of can't enter some PO into the system, after we input some
PO and then hit enter we got the follow shortdump.

Runtime errors COMPUTE_BCD_OVERFLOW
Exception CX_SY_ARITHMETIC_OVERFLOW
Occurred on 01/15/2004 at 21:06:40

Overflow for arithmetical operation (type P) in program "SAPLEINS "

--------------
What happened?
--------------

Error in ABAP application program.

The current ABAP program "SAPLEINS " had to be terminated because one of
the
statements could not be executed.

This is probably due to an error in the ABAP program.
A value does not fit in a calculation field.

----------------
What can you do?
----------------

Print out the error message (using the "Print" function)
and make a note of the actions and input that caused the
error.

To resolve the problem, contact your SAP system administrator.
You can use transaction ST22 (ABAP Dump Analysis) to view and administer
termination messages, especially those beyond their normal deletion
date.

--------------
Error analysis
--------------

An exception occurred. This exception is dealt with in more detail below
. The exception, which is assigned to the class
'CX_SY_ARITHMETIC_OVERFLOW',
was neither
caught nor passed along using a RAISING clause, in the procedure
"LIS_VERTEILUNG_REPLAN" "(FORM)"
.
Since the caller of the procedure could not have expected this exception
to occur, the running program was terminated.
The reason for the exception is:
An overflow has been determined in the current arithmetical operation
containing operands of type P. Possible causes include:
1. The results field of type P is to small and the result does not fit
into it.
places.
2. The result or partial result has more than 31 decimal places.

------------------------
How to correct the error
------------------------

The exception must either be prevented, caught within the procedure
"LIS_VERTEILUNG_REPLAN"
"(FORM)", or declared in the procedure's RAISING clause.
To prevent the exception, note the following:
You may need to define the result field to be larger, if it is still
possible to do so.
It may be possible to split the current process so that only smaller
values occur.
Eine Vorablvsung zu dem aufgetretenen Fehler findet sich vielleicht
If the error occurred in one of your own programs or in an SAP program
that you modified, try to correct it yourself.
If you require an interim solution to this error, you can look in the
SAP note system. If you have access to
the SAP notes system yourself, enter the following search strings:
"COMPUTE_BCD_OVERFLOW"
"BCD_FIELD_OVERFLOW" (By release 4.0a, this error has been remedied at
this
point)
"SAPLEINS " or "LEINSF22 "
"LIS_VERTEILUNG_REPLAN"

(See attached file: MiroOSS.txt)

Notice to the PO that have error ..Example we have 10 line item the first 4
item and the 10th item got deleted flag.

Have open note to SAP but got no solution on this yet.
If any idea on how to solved this, would appreciated.

Thanks&Rgds,

Panisa Thongruay
NASAP Production Support
Computer Science Cooperations.