Workflow Versions

Andy Curtis abcurtis at gmail.com
Wed Dec 22 07:54:45 EST 2004

We are recently went to 4.6 Basis support pack SAPKB46C47, I believe
this support pack introduced an error in the transport of versions.

In my scenario, I transported a new version of a workflow and its
subworkflows.  One of the subworkflows did not generate, saying it was
missing container elements.  Looking in SWDSWFCONT I could see version
9999 entries, (which still confuses me why they appear after a
successful generation).  and an incomplete set of container elements
for the version being generated.  I then re-transported the transport
and the situation got worse!

SAP responded with 2 OSS notes.  1st we already had implemented, but
the 2nd was relevant and appears to have resolved the issue.

The 2 OSS notes are:

SAP note 602288    and
SAP note 730748

We have successfully transported workflow template versions since
applying these notes and I assume they fix it, but still cautious.

Andy Curtis