Slightly off topic - inserting WF graphic into Word Doco

Parag Joshi parag_parag at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 16 12:04:32 EST 2004

Mark,

I have had similar problem. Eventually I had to use the software called 'snagit' by www.techsmith.com I use it for all my wf documentations.

It works similar to Print Screen, but has much better resolution and several options. Sometime back this software was free, but not anymore.

Thanks,

Parag.

Mark Pyc <markpyc at hotmail.com> wrote:
G'day all,

I'll admit upfront this is slightly off topic, but not really...

I've always desired to get the WF builder graphic as a PC image file (BMP,
JPG, TIFF whatever) so it can be included into documentation. The printing
of the graphic works beautifully, esp on a nice colour laser printer, but
I'd really like to get it as an image in the overall technical and even end
user Word documentation.

There are standard options to output to clipboard or as an image file, but
in my experience neither of these work properly or at all.

My question is then, has anyone managed to get these options to work such
that they give an image in full colour with all icons and outcome names?

My alternate (and possibly better asked to a PC nerd group rather than a WF
nerd one) question is is there a good (ideally free) solution for setting up
a printer definition which will convert the output to an image file. I've
tried at various sites with various printers to configure the 'Print to
File' option, but like the options in the builder the outcome is either
non-existent or very lacking in detail.

Does anyone have a treat up their sleeve? An early Christmas present for me
maybe??

Have fun,
Mark