Separate workitems for same workobject

James J Seiter james.j.seiter at us.ibm.com
Wed Aug 25 13:19:53 EDT 2004

Carl,

I am getting closer, but still not working properly.  Upon initial
creation of the workflow both users are receiving the workitems as
desired.  When USERA executes the workitem, it leaves his inbox, but is
still available to USERB.  Then when USERB executes the workitem, it
leaves his inbox, but then is available to USERA.  Back and forth.

Question...Since the agent assignment is be made upon the OTHER tab, is
one also necessary upon the CONTROL tab ?
The CONTROL tab offers the indexed value as you mentioned, but the OTHER
tab only offers the standard element...

What I like to do is issue a whole new workflow task (new event / 2 events
upon a single event) to be issued rather than another task step within the
existing workflow ???

James

Mark Pyc <mark_pyc at gillette.com>
Sent by: SAP Workflow <Owner-SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU>
08/25/2004 03:17 AM
Please respond to
"SAP Workflow Users' Group"

SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU
cc

Subject
Re: Separate workitems for same workobject

G'day James,

Once you have set your user table as the multiline element you need to
reassign the agent expression. I'm currently in a Enterprise 620 system
and
once I've set the multiline attibute I get two choices for my agent table

&USERS&
       or
&USERS[&_WF_PARFOREACH_INDEX&]&

I need to select the second option to make it generate multiple items.

When you speak of Workitems, even if you can see the same Workitem from
multiple inboxes (the visible Workitems have the same technical WI ID) it
is still only 1 workitem. There is only 1 table entry with that Workitem
ID
and it can only be processed by a single agent.

I'm a little confused because from your mail below it looks like you have
managed to generate two Workitems, 2040 & 2041. Are both of these visible
to both agents?

Have fun,
Mark

                      James J Seiter
                      <james.j.seiter at us.         To:
SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU
                      ibm.com>                    cc:
                      Sent by: SAP                Subject: Re: Separate
workitems for same workobject
                      Workflow
                      <Owner-SAP-WUG at MITV
                      MA.MIT.EDU>

                      24 Aug 2004 21:15
                      Please respond to
                      SAP Workflow Users'
                      Group

I am still having problems with this.
Now I am receiving 4 workitems, 2 to each inbox, and they are not acting
independently of each other.
Workflow log before any user activity:
ID            STEP      TASK RESULT
2038    1       New Material Created MAT1 RAW                   Workflow
started
        4        Determine Material Type RAW
2039    33      NEW MATERIAL MAT1 RAW READY FOR REVIEW  Mail sent RAW

        205     SET ORG. UNIT FOR RAW                           SET ORG.
FOR RAW
        213     SET ORG. UNIT FOR RAW / SECOND LINE             SET ORG.
FOR RAW / SECOND LINE
        182     CHANGE MATERIAL
2040    182     INITIAL REVIEW MAT1 RAW
2041    182     INITIAL REVIEW MAT1 RAW

Workflow container:
Element               SAPPOSITION
Release
Name                 QUEUE
Description
Attributes
                IMPORT  checked
                EXPORT unchecked
                MULTILINE checked

Ref. table         WFSYST
Reference field    AGENT
Search help
Search help param.

Container operation1 sets SAPPOSITION as the following:
SAPPOSITION
=     Assign (contents of table are deleted first)
S 10005871

Container operation2 sets SAPPOSITION as the following:
SAPPOSITION
<-    Add only to table (contents are extended)
S 10005892

On the CONTROL tab for the activity I have defined:
Expression            &SAPPOSITION&

On the OTHER tab for the activity I have defined:
 Multiline element          SAPPOSITION

BASIC FLOW:
SEND EMAIL
CONTAINER OPERATION 1   REFRESH
CONTAINER OPERATION2    APPEND
LOOP UNTIL INDICATOR IS 'ON'
        CHANGE MATERIAL ACTIVITY/METHOD     MULTILINE CONTAINER STEP AS
DEFINED ABOVE
        DECISION STEP  (REDISPLAY OR DELETE WORKITEM)
        CONTAINER OPERATION (INDICATOR ON/OFF FROM DECISION STEP)
        INDICATOR ON --- WORKFLOW COMPLETED
        INDICATOR OFF --- STEP 5
ENDLOOP

Mark Pyc <mark_pyc at gillette.com>
Sent by: SAP Workflow <Owner-SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU>
08/24/2004 11:02 AM
Please respond to
"SAP Workflow Users' Group"

SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU
cc

Subject
Re: Separate workitems for same workobject

G'day James,

You need to list your SAPPOSITION element as the driving multiline element
of the step. On the 'Other' tab of the step list the element as
controlling
the dynamic parallel processing.

Then when you assign the position as an expression, a work item will be
created for each line of the table.

Just to clarify, what you've got at the moment is a single Workitem which
is visible to two agents. There is only 1 workitem, which is why when the
first person executes it it disappears from all inboxes. This is a
fundamental difference between emails  and workitems.

When you set it up as above you will create two workitems each of which
has
only a single position as the selected agent.

Have fun,
Mark

                      James J Seiter
                      <james.j.seiter at us.         To:
SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU
                      ibm.com>                    cc:
                      Sent by: SAP                Subject: Separate
workitems for same workobject
                      Workflow
                      <Owner-SAP-WUG at MITV
                      MA.MIT.EDU>

                      24 Aug 2004 16:25
                      Please respond to
                      SAP Workflow Users'
                      Group

Need to send two separate workitems for the same workobject.
Have set workflow container SAPPOSITION as import, export, MULTILINE.

Container operation1 sets SAPPOSITION as the following:
SAPPOSITION
=     Assign (contents of table are deleted first)
S 10005871

Container operation2 sets SAPPOSITION as the following:
SAPPOSITION
<-    Add only to table (contents are extended)
S 10005892

Next is an activity to method for change material (Subtype ZBUS100106
delegated from BUS100106).
This is issuing two workitems as desired, but they are being issued under
the same workitem number.
So when the user for <S 10005871> has completed his activities they delete
the workitem.
Since they are issued under the same workitem number user <S 10005892> has
lost his workitem.

>From 'the book' page 119 it states that "There are many ways to CREATE
MULTIPLE WORKITEMS.....For instance you can use a list (a multiline
container element) assigned to a step in your workflow to CREATE MULTIPLE
WORKITEMS, one for each item in the list.

>From this, I would assume that each multiline container element would have
to be assigned it own unique workitem number.
Any assistance is appreciated.

James