Worklist gone when a SAP user is renamed

Ronald.Haut@finanzit.com Ronald.Haut at finanzit.com
Wed Aug 25 04:41:08 EDT 2004

Hello all,

we are about to change all user-ids in our SAP systems according to a
unique naming convention. This affects about 300 users and most of them are
somehow involved in various workflow tasks. I have tried to test it within
our development system. When a SAP user is renamed using transaction SU01
the organizational environment is moved. But the whole worklist the renamed
user had before is gone. All workitem are still assgined to old user-id and
are not touched by SU01. I have created an OSS message with SAP but they
replied that this would be standard behaviour because role resolution has
already taken place when a workitem was assigned.  Has anyone ever had to
deal with this kind of issue ? How could all workitem be updated regarding
their current agent with new user-id ?

The only way I can think of right now is to
- create a new user-id
- keep and lock old user-id
- let new user-id work as a substitute to old user-id

I hope somebody comes along with an easier way.

Best regards,

Ronald