Using MANDT in tables.

Piersol, J Mark jp47 at matrix.swt.edu
Wed Aug 18 13:02:40 EDT 2004

Rick,

You are right, this is a trick question.

As a general rule, I try to use MANDT, since this is the style I see
most common in SAP.  Making your "Z" table data Client Dependent allows
for data diversity across clients within a system. This data segregation
allows for more flexibility and control in development/testing,
training, and production.  For master data (ie customizing) that is
truly system wide (and essential), you may consider Client Independent
tables.  This will ensure data consistency system wide and will
eliminate the need to populate data in all clients.   =20

For workflow related settings, I plan to stick with MANDT. =20

Mark       =20