Workflow, notification by email with form of approval

Dart, Jocelyn jocelyn.dart at sap.com
Sun Aug 1 18:36:42 EDT 2004

Hi Eric,
You don't mention which backend.
At this stage I'd suggest considering either:

a) Extended email notifications - with a hyperlink to your custom built .NET application if you really want to work it that way. Rememeber you still need to generate a work item to provide the email application

or

c) Use the ISR solution and use .NET to handle the frontend part of the solution rather than ITS or SAP EP/Java.
With this solution you do the configuration, use the QISR BADI to pass additional data,  and then your .NET  connector just needs to handle function module ISR_PROCESS_EVENT.   You can still use Extended email notifications on top of this if you wish.

However don't underestimate the development effort involved. Make sure you have catered for everything including any learning curve you need to climb.   You may also need to involve a local SAP consultant to help you shorten the learning curve - worth inquiring whether there is anyone suitable locally available.

If you have access to a SAP NetWeaver 04 system at all take a hard look at the SAP/Adobe Interactive Forms solution.  Really nice.

P.S. Please don't send replies to me directly - this sort of information should be shared with the group.
Regards,
Jocelyn