Mysterious Workflow Trace Activation in Production

Smith, Cassaundra Cassaundra.Smith at anheuser-busch.com
Tue Apr 27 14:05:08 EDT 2004

Hi All,

We are on 4.6C version of SAP.

Yesterday we had an issue where a certain unix file the included =
workflow_log in
its unix file name got so huge that no one could process workflow =
workitems.
Most workflow users were receiving shortdumps stating that for this one =
file, a
dataset close statement could not be executed on.  After removing the =
file
everything was okay.  The first thing I checked was to make sure =
workflow trace
was not turned on because to my knowledge that is the only place in =
workflow
that a unix file is written.=20

Anyway, workflow trace was not on.  But today I Logged on and workflow =
trace was
on.  I immediately turned it off.  But when I called the transaction for
workflow trace again, it was on again.  I logged off and back on and it =
was
again somehow the workflow trace activated.  Has anyone ever seen this =
issue??

Casey