Header problems with e-mail messages....

Eduardo Pisatti Eduardo.Pisatti at basf-arg.com.ar
Mon Apr 26 17:10:02 EDT 2004

Hi Edwin,

    Tell me what you have in RCPTMAIL?.  if you have in this one a PDF or
Spool i can send to you another functions using for this.

    We send in PASUNTO = only a text (subject), not need any more.

     And please see if you have applied the notes 676985 (email address for
email printer not in spool), before applied this notes we not send any
mail, after yes.

                      Edwin Mukusha
                      <emukusha at nebraska.         Para:    SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU
                      edu>                        cc:
                      Enviado por: SAP            Asunto:  Re: Header problems with e-mail messages....
                      Workflow
                      <Owner-SAP-WUG at MITV
                      MA.MIT.EDU>

                      26/04/2004 16:00
                      Por favor, responda
                      a "SAP Workflow
                      Users' Group"

Dear Eduardo,

Thank you very much for your quick response.  I had also tried using FM
SO_OBJECT_SEND and it does not work.  Please tell me if you have ever
actually go it to work and what parameters I have to specify in what
combination to get it to work.  My SOOS1 structure in my program reads as
seen below.

I finally got my other second option to work. The one were I prefix the
sender's e-mail address with a descriptive text to show the e-mail was an
SAP generated message. (Refer to my original message).  But I would like to
still get the reply-to option to work.   Thank you.

data: msg_body  like soli  occurs 0,
      msg_rcpt  like soos1 occurs 0 with header line,
      hd_change like sood1.

start-of-selection.

  clear msg_body.
  append 'This is the body of the message.' to msg_body.
  append 'It is great!' to msg_body.

  clear msg_rcpt.
  msg_rcpt-sel       = 'X'.
  msg_rcpt-recextnam = 'user1 at xxxxxx.edu'.
  msg_rcpt-recesc    = 'U'.
  msg_rcpt-repextnam = 'user2 at xxxxxx.edu'.
  msg_rcpt-repesc    = 'U'.
*  msg_rcpt-sndnam    = 'USERIDHERE'.
  msg_rcpt-sndex     = 'X'.
  append msg_rcpt.

  clear hd_change.
  hd_change-objla    = sy-langu.
  hd_change-objnam   = 'RCPTMAIL'.
  hd_change-objdes   = 'This is the subject line.'.
  hd_change-file_ext = 'RAW'.
  hd_change-objlen   = 510.

  call function 'SO_OBJECT_SEND'
    exporting
      object_hd_change           = hd_change
      object_type                = 'RAW'
      outbox_flag                = 'X'
    tables
      objcont                    = msg_body
      receivers                  = msg_rcpt
    exceptions
      active_user_not_exist      = 1
      communication_failure      = 2
      component_not_available    = 3
      folder_not_exist           = 4
      folder_no_authorization    = 5
      forwarder_not_exist        = 6
      note_not_exist             = 7
      object_not_exist           = 8
      object_no_authorization    = 9
      object_type_not_exist      = 10
      operation_no_authorization = 11
      owner_not_exist            = 12
      parameter_error            = 13
      substitute_not_active      = 14
      substitute_not_defined     = 15
      system_failure             = 16
      too_much_receivers         = 17
      user_not_exist             = 18
      originator_not_exist       = 19
      originator_not_exist       = 19
      x_error                    = 20.

  if sy-subrc <> 0.
    message e999(zh) with 'Function module returned:' sy-subrc.
  endif.

|---------+--------------------------------->
|         |           Eduardo Pisatti       |
|         |           <Eduardo.Pisatti at basf-|
|         |           arg.com.ar>           |
|         |           Sent by: SAP Workflow |
|         |           <Owner-SAP-WUG at MITVMA.|
MIT.EDU>              |
|         |                                 |
|         |                                 |
|         |           04/26/2004 01:26 PM   |
|         |           Please respond to "SAP|
|         |           Workflow Users'
Group"|

  |       To:       SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU
|
  |       cc:
|
  |       Subject:  Re: Header problems with e-mail messages....

Hi Edwin,

  The following is used by us to send mail, internal and external, may be
this can help you.
In OSSS1 you can put  for example: From, To (extern mail address), email of
reply (external too), etc.

FUNCTION ZAR_EMAIL.
*"----------------------------------------------------------------------
*"*"Interfase local
*"  IMPORTING
*"     REFERENCE(PASUNTO) TYPE  SOOD1-OBJDES
*"     REFERENCE(PDIREC_EMAIL) TYPE  SOOS1-ADR_NAME
*"     REFERENCE(PORD_SPOOL) TYPE  SOOS1-SNDSPO OPTIONAL
*"  TABLES
*"      PTEXTO STRUCTURE  SOLI
*"----------------------------------------------------------------------
  DATA BEGIN OF OBJECT_HD_CHANGE.         "SAPoffice: object definition,
          INCLUDE STRUCTURE SOOD1.        "change attributes
  DATA END OF OBJECT_HD_CHANGE.
  DATA BEGIN OF OBJECT_CONTENT OCCURS 5.  "SAPoffice: Single List with
          INCLUDE STRUCTURE SOLISTI1.    "Column Length 255
  DATA END OF OBJECT_CONTENT.
  DATA BEGIN OF REC_TABLE OCCURS 1.       "SAPoffice: recipient with
          INCLUDE STRUCTURE SOOS1.        "attributes
  DATA END OF REC_TABLE.

* Build email recipient table...........................................
  CLEAR REC_TABLE.
  REC_TABLE-SEL        = 'X'.
  REC_TABLE-RECESC     = 'U'.
*rec_table-recnam      = 'BASF'.
  REC_TABLE-RECEXTNAM  = PDIREC_EMAIL.
  TRANSLATE REC_TABLE-RECEXTNAM TO LOWER CASE.
  REC_TABLE-ADR_NAME   = PDIREC_EMAIL.
  TRANSLATE REC_TABLE-ADR_NAME  TO LOWER CASE.
  REC_TABLE-SNDEX      = 'X'.
  REC_TABLE-SNDPRI     = '1'.
  REC_TABLE-MAILSTATUS = 'E'.
  REC_TABLE-SNDSPO     = PORD_SPOOL .
  COLLECT REC_TABLE.

*...Subject.Line........................................................
  CLEAR OBJECT_HD_CHANGE.
  OBJECT_HD_CHANGE-OBJDES = PASUNTO.

* Send Email............................................................
  CALL FUNCTION 'SO_OBJECT_SEND'
       EXPORTING
            OBJECT_HD_CHANGE           = OBJECT_HD_CHANGE
            OBJECT_TYPE                = 'RAW'
            OUTBOX_FLAG                = 'X'
       TABLES
            OBJCONT                    = PTEXTO
            RECEIVERS                  = REC_TABLE
       EXCEPTIONS
            ACTIVE_USER_NOT_EXIST      = 1
            COMMUNICATION_FAILURE      = 2
            COMPONENT_NOT_AVAILABLE    = 3
            FOLDER_NOT_EXIST           = 4
            FOLDER_NO_AUTHORIZATION    = 5
            FORWARDER_NOT_EXIST        = 6
            NOTE_NOT_EXIST             = 7
            OBJECT_NOT_EXIST           = 8
            OBJECT_NOT_SENT            = 9
            OBJECT_NO_AUTHORIZATION    = 10
            OBJECT_TYPE_NOT_EXIST      = 11
            OPERATION_NO_AUTHORIZATION = 12
            OWNER_NOT_EXIST            = 13
            PARAMETER_ERROR            = 14
            SUBSTITUTE_NOT_ACTIVE      = 15
            SUBSTITUTE_NOT_DEFINED     = 16
            SYSTEM_FAILURE             = 17
            TOO_MUCH_RECEIVERS         = 18
            USER_NOT_EXIST             = 19
            ORIGINATOR_NOT_EXIST       = 20
            X_ERROR                    = 21
            OTHERS                     = 22.

*...SAPconnect.........................................................
*...Start to Dispach mail
  SUBMIT RSCONN01            "SAPconnect Start Send Process
         WITH MODE   EQ '*'
         WITH OUTPUT EQ ''
         TO SAP-SPOOL
         DESTINATION 'LOCAL'
         IMMEDIATELY ' '
         KEEP IN SPOOL 'X'
         WITHOUT SPOOL DYNPRO
         AND RETURN.

                      Edwin Mukusha
                      <emukusha at nebraska.         Para:
SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU
                      edu>                        cc:
                      Enviado por: SAP            Asunto:  Header problems
with e-mail messages....
                      Workflow
                      <Owner-SAP-WUG at MITV
                      MA.MIT.EDU>

                      26/04/2004 12:45
                      Por favor, responda
                      a "SAP Workflow
                      Users' Group"

Hi everyone,

I am trying to find a way to specify a reply-to address on a message coming
out of SAP.  We currently use the MTA connection to Lotus to send e-mail
messages from our workflow.  We are running 4.6C.

Some background: I have a process that sends exception messages to
responsible parties about budget balances in Project Systems.  Currently
these e-mail messages have the wf-batch e-mail address
(SAPWorkflowproduction at xxxx.com)  that is mapped back to my lotus inbox.
I need to be able to get these messages with a different sender to reply
to, as currently my inbox is getting swamped with end-user queries/feedback
on their budget balances!

I have been able to create a method that will allow me to specify a
different sender using function module 'SO_DOCUMENT_SEND_API1'.  However
this solution gives me a message that looks like it was actually generated
by that sender, yet it originated from SAP.  My ideal solution would be for
the message to read as follows:

If the reply-to option is not possible.  I am willing to take a second
possible solution; is it possible to specify some text prefixing the
sender's address coming out SAP?  If this is possible I would then be able
to pad sender's e-mail address like this maybe:

example taken from:
"SAP Workflow Users' Group" <SAP-XXX at MITVMA.MIT.EDU>

mine would look like this:

Searching through our WF discussion group was a challenge because the
keyword reply-to is in just about every message on this list.  I have also
searched through OSS without much luck.

I would appreciate any help on this matter.

Thanks...

Edwin Mukusha.