Discovery! Manually filling a container for testing

'Mark Pyc' Mark.Pyc at bhint.com
Wed Apr 21 07:04:13 EDT 2004

G'day all,

Thought I'd share a little treat. I've always had little luck when using
SE37 and directly testing function modules that require a container to be
passed in - such as a Rule function module. Some container elements would
be read and others wouldn't. This morning it finally sunk in, you have to
put the container elements in in alphabetical order!?!? Can't think why it
would be that way since your calls to SWC_GET_ELEMENT can be in any order,
but this is not my concern.

The point is: When manually adding container elements in for function
module testing, put them in in order.

Amazing how long these things take to figure out sometimes!

Have fun,
Mark