Calculation of interdependent virtual attributes

Kjetil Kilhavn kjetilk at statoil.com
Sat Apr 10 04:11:24 EDT 2004

Use a common subroutine to set both of them and call it when necessary,=

otherwise just reading the private variables.
Following your example, use object-privat-hq_set to indicate whether th=
ey
have been set or not.
--
Kjetil Kilhavn

                                                                       =
                                                                       =
      =20
                    Patrice Nolin                                      =
                                                                       =
      =20
                    <Nolin.Patrice at hydro        To:     SAP-WUG at MITVMA.=
MIT.EDU                                                                =
      =20
                    .qc.ca>                     cc:     (bcc: Kjetil Ki=
lhavn)                                                                 =
      =20
                    Sent by: SAP                Subject:     Calculatio=
n of interdependent virtual attributes                                 =
      =20
                    Workflow                                           =
                                                                       =
      =20
                    <Owner-SAP-WUG at MITVM                               =
                                                                       =
      =20
                    A.MIT.EDU>                                         =
                                                                       =
      =20
                                                                       =
                                                                       =
      =20
                                                                       =
                                                                       =
      =20
                    07.04.2004 22:00                                   =
                                                                       =
      =20
                    Please respond to                                  =
                                                                       =
      =20
                    "SAP Workflow Users'                               =
                                                                       =
      =20
                    Group"                                             =
                                                                       =
      =20
                                                                       =
                                                                       =
      =20
                                                                       =
                                                                       =
      =20

Hi,

I have an object with 2 virtual attributes : hq_A and hq_B

The formula for hq_A is select table TABLE_X and count every row
The formula for hq_B is select table TABLE_X and count rows meeting a
condition

For performance reason, since for hq_A and hq_B I need to access the sa=
me
data, I was thinking to put the code for calculation of hq_A and hq_B i=
HQ_A attribute, setting a private variable hq_C and initiating hq_B wit=
the
private variable hq_C (see example below):

My problem occurs when I use HQ_B before HQ_A because the content of th=
private variable is calculated when HQ_A is referenced.

Is there another way to calculate my variables, without causing perform=
ance
problems?
Can we trigger the calculation of variables at the instantiation of the=

object ?

Or what are you suggestion on the matter ?

Thanks

Pat

---------------------

Example :

OBJECT ?

(See attached file: private,)?.

GET_PROPERTY HQ_B CHANGING CONTAINER.
  SWC_SET_ELEMENT CONTAINER 'hq_b' object-private-hq_c.
END_PROPERTY.

GET_PROPERTY HQ_A CHANGING CONTAINER.
  SWC_SET_ELEMENT CONTAINER 'hq_a' 2.
object-private-hq_c =3D 1.
END_PROPERTY.

Work well if I refer to HQ_A first. Then HQ_A =3D 2 and HQ_B =3D 1
Don't work well if I refer to HQ_B first. Then HQ_B =3D 0

-----------------------------------------------------------------------=
-----

Patrice Nolin, M.Sc.A. (courriel : nolin.patrice at hydro.qc.ca
<mailto:nolin.patrice at hydro.qc.ca> )
Concepteur d=E9veloppement informatique, Projet SIC
T=E9l=E9phone : 0-879-6129

intended for the addressee only. Any unauthorised use, dissemination of=
 the
information or copying of this message is prohibited. If you are not th=
addressee, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and de=
lete
this message.
Thank you.=