AW: Changing GOS key within transaction?

Kjetil Kilhavn kjetilk at statoil.com
Sat Apr 10 04:08:03 EDT 2004

You could destroy the object first, couldn't you? We are on 4.6C and I
haven't needed to do what you are doing, but that would be my first
thought. Destroy, (even Free maybe) and then Create again.
Then it should work even if SAP decides the possibility of multiple GOS=

icons is a nice thing to have.
--
Kjetil Kilhavn

                                                                       =
                                                                       =
      =20
                    Michael Pokraka                                    =
                                                                       =
      =20
                    <workflow at quirky.me.        To:     SAP-WUG at MITVMA.=
MIT.EDU                                                                =
      =20
                    uk>                         cc:     (bcc: Kjetil Ki=
lhavn)                                                                 =
      =20
                    Sent by: SAP                Subject:     Re: AW: Ch=
anging GOS key within transaction?                                     =
      =20
                    Workflow                                           =
                                                                       =
      =20
                    <Owner-SAP-WUG at MITVM                               =
                                                                       =
      =20
                    A.MIT.EDU>                                         =
                                                                       =
      =20
                                                                       =
                                                                       =
      =20
                                                                       =
                                                                       =
      =20
                    09.04.2004 15:30                                   =
                                                                       =
      =20
                    Please respond to                                  =
                                                                       =
      =20
                    "SAP Workflow Users'                               =
                                                                       =
      =20
                    Group"                                             =
                                                                       =
      =20
                                                                       =
                                                                       =
      =20
                                                                       =
                                                                       =
      =20

Hi Simone,
Thanks, that was closer to what I'm looking for and at least gave me
something to go on. Looking through the code (it's obsolete on 620), I =
see
it calls the GOS_MANAGER class methods in any case so I went digging ar=
ound
there for what is now a good half a day :-) Ah, what we don't do sittin=
g at
work over Easter.... I'll share my conclusions on three alternatives:

call method gos_manager->set_id_of_published_object
This seems to be the obvious choice based on the name but seems like it=
 is
used in callbacks only. Repeated calls only result in the message that =
one
or other key is already in your object list, and doesn't affect the alr=
eady
instantiated GOS.

The method used by SWU_OBJECT_PUBLISH adds the object into a table. Thu=
s a
user clicking on GOS is first presented with a choice of objects (s)he'=
already displayed. Nifty having GOS for multiple objects simultaneuosly=
,
but
I think it may confuse people in this particular case.

Eventually I dug around the gos_manager constructor some more and found=
 it
had catered for already existing objects, so it seems the big hammer
approach works just fine: just set a new key and 'create object
gos_manager'
to your hearts content.... duh. And I wasted half a day on that.

Cheers
Mike

Falk, Simone wrote:
> Hallo Michael,
>
> why dont you publish that other object ?
>
> You can use FM:
>
> 'SWU_OBjECT_Publish'
>
> Best regards
> Simone
>
> -----Urspr=FCngliche Nachricht-----

nt
at
> present - so I guess it would be possible to link that FM to a button=
 on
> the
> screen and remove GOS alltogether to keep from confusing any users.
>
> My first choice obviously remains GOS for consistency and openness, b=
ut
> that's definitely the best alternative I can't get GOS to play nicely=
.
> Thanks for the input.
> Cheers
> Mike
>
> rvmarut at earthlink.net wrote:
>> Mike,
>>
>> Take a look at function module SWI_WF_CONNECTIONS_DISPLAY. This is u=
sed
> in
>> GOS. I've used it to return both a single workflow and a list.
>>
>> RIchard...

In
> other
>> words I'm looking at object 123 and would like to see it's workflows=
,
> then
>> skip to 124 and GOS should then show me 124's workflows. (The
transaction
>> was designed before workflow and major changes are out....).
>> I've gone through the class, and looked at the docs (surprisingly go=
od
>> documentation I might add), but everything seems to relate to a sing=
le
>> instantiation. The section on dynamic instantiation using a a callba=
ck
>> function is really a delayed instantiation of an otherwise static
object,
>> which doesn't help my cause much.
>> This is one of those where one can spend a fair bit of time testing
>> alternatives, but this one is in a bit of a hurry, so I thought I'd =
ask
> here
>> first.
>>
>> Any input appreciated.
>> Cheers
>> Mike
>>

> This mail has originated outside your organization,
> either from an external partner or the Global Internet.
> Keep this in mind if you answer this message.

intended for the addressee only. Any unauthorised use, dissemination of=
 the
information or copying of this message is prohibited. If you are not th=
addressee, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and de=
lete
this message.
Thank you.=