e-mail Notifications

Richard Marut rvmarut at earthlink.net
Tue Sep 23 23:31:52 EDT 2003

I have a client who will be using Portals on top of 4.7 Enterprise and
they would like to also receive an e-mail notification to alert them
that they have work item(s) to process with a link to the Portal. Our
Portals person tells me that you must have a mail client setup in order
to send mail out of SAP such as MS-Exchange or Domino/Lotus. I was
thinking of using program RSWUWFML to accomplish this and found that
section 4.4.1 E-Mail Notifications of the Practical Workflow for SAP
book states 'This auto-forward address will be their normal e-mail
address, which can be reached through a SMTP connection, Exchange
integration or the Lotus Integration for SAP Business Workflow.'.

Does this mean that you do not need an e-mail client and is the SMTP
connection solely at the operating system level such as UNIX?

Richard...