General Forwarding Not Allowed - Terminate if Role Resolution has no Result

Dart, Jocelyn jocelyn.dart at sap.com
Wed Sep 10 01:44:16 EDT 2003

Hi Rick,
Yes HR always adds that little bit of extra interest.

4.6c you are missing the new administrator-forward and the redo rule resolution options - which is a pity but something to look forward to on the next upgrade.

However, in 4.6C I find the best approach is to make sure the agent determination rule always finds someone - as a last resort the workflow administrator! Or else a business process owner responsible for forwarding it on. You can do this for responsibility rules by using the secondary prioirties option.  If it's a programmed rule just build it into the rule.  If you want to call a second rule via FM RH_GET_ACTORS to determine the workflow administrator have a look at standard rule 70000172.
Regards,
        Jocelyn Dart
Consultant (SRM, EBP, Workflow)
and co-author of the book