to combine execution of two dialog steps.

Dart, Jocelyn jocelyn.dart at sap.com
Fri Sep 5 01:19:59 EDT 2003

Hi Vinod,=20
If your first step is asynchronous (which I think is what you have =
said) then you cannot advance with dialog because the system cannot =
guarantee that the step is finished when the user completes the =
underlying dialog portion of the method.  Only once the terminating =
event is received is the work item complete.

If you want to have advance with dialog you need to convert to a =
synchronous way of performing the same task.  Many of the BAPIs give =
you synchronous processing. E.g. You could use a user decision followed =
by a background BAPI call or similar.=20

However releasing a requisition is an update activity when performed =
using the standard MM requisition transactions, which usually happens =
in the update task of the logical unit of work, i.e. you may have no =
option but to use asynchronous.
Regards,
        Jocelyn Dart=20
Consultant (SRM, EBP, Workflow)