SAP MAPI, Workflow and Outlook 2002

Richard Marut rvmarut at earthlink.net
Tue Sep 2 19:26:37 EDT 2003

Anthony,

I was at a client for a brief period this summer that insisted on using
MAPI and had a similar problem at first. They eventually found that they
had to reinstall the SAP GUI and then SAP MAPI immediately after. They
had to turn off the MAPI first and the installs had to be performed by
the administrator for desktop/PC. They are currently on 4.5B and will be
starting a new installation of Enterprise next year and they realize
that a MAPI solution is only temporary at this time. I presented them
with Desktop Workplace which works well and can be found at
www.desktopworkplace.com or www.3i-consulting.com. I don't know if they
ever looked into it.

Richard...