SAP MAPI, Workflow and Outlook 2002

Jaeger, Carsten (Calgary) Carsten_Jaeger at nexeninc.com
Tue Sep 2 17:05:18 EDT 2003

We faced similar problems.  During our testing of Windows XP and Outlook =
2002, we found that the support issues were going to be too much to =
handle.  There are too many problems that neither SAP or Microsoft are =
willing or able to address and SAP is going to be encouraging users to =
go to other more current solutions. =20

We decided that we would go through the process of teaching users how to =
use their SAP workflow inbox.  We use invoice approval workflow.  We =
wrote a custom program that sends people a reminder that they have =
workitems to approve (this is a regular email to their Outlook inbox).  =
Runs twice a week.  Saves a lot of RFC connections.  We're on 4.6c and =
once we move to Enterprise, we'll be coming up with other solutions. =20

Our advice.  Don't go down the MAPI road.  cj

<https://websmp202.sap-ag.de/~form/handler?_APP=3D01100107900000000342&_E=
> =
ENT=3DDISPL_TXT&_NNUM=3D0000131795&P_M10POINTER=3D00200797470000325173200=
3>
> 0000131795 e-mail notification of workflow work items
> *
> =
<https://websmp202.sap-ag.de/~form/handler?_APP=3D01100107900000000342&_E=
> =
ENT=3DDISPL_TXT&_NNUM=3D0000586150&P_M10POINTER=3D00200797470000325173200=
3>
> 0000586150 SAP MAPI: Additional problems with Office XP
> *
> =
<https://websmp202.sap-ag.de/~form/handler?_APP=3D01100107900000000342&_E=
> =
ENT=3DDISPL_TXT&_NNUM=3D0000627397&P_M10POINTER=3D00200797470000325173200=
3>