Send workflow into error from background method

Alon Raskin araskin at eOutlook.com
Tue Oct 28 09:40:08 EST 2003

Why not call the FM SWE_WI_GET_FROM_REQUESTER. This returns the current =
work item. You could then access its WorkItemFather attribute which =
would give you an instance of the main workflow (assuming you are only =
down one level). Then call the method set_status passing in ERROR?
=20
Let me know if i have misunderstood.

Regards,
=20
Alon

=20
________________________________

From: SAP Workflow on behalf of Becker, Stephan
Sent: Tue 28/10/2003 08:15
To: SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU
Subject: Send workflow into error from background method

Hi everyone,

I need to send a workflow into error from within a background method in =
case
a direct table update fails. How do I do this most elegantly? Will a =
simple
"rollback work." do the trick?

I tried the process control "Cancel Workflow", which sets the workflow =
"logically deleted" and should, believing the documentation in the =
workflow
builder, send the main workflow into error, but the latter stays in =
status
"Started", which gives me a bit of a headache, as it would be such a =
nice
feature to stop the main workflow for manual rework in case of grave =
system
errors like update failures etc. which need to be corrected manually in =
any
case..

Thanks,
Regards,